How does FAN membership feel about Austin City Council’s Proposition B funding $460M for Sidewalks, Trails, & Bike Lanes coming before Austin voters this November?
Here’s what is in the proposal, which will be on the ballot as Proposition B in November:
- $80 million for sidewalks.
- $80 million for urban trails.
- $40 million for bike lanes.
- $65 million for the Vision Zero traffic safety plan.
- $20 million for Safe Routes to School infrastructure.
- $53 million for improvements to substandard streets, including Ross Road, Johnny Morris Road, Cooper Lane, Circle S Road and Nuckols Crossing Road.
- Should FAN support Proposition B? Why or why not?
- Regardless of support, how could Proposition B be improved?