Map of Proposed Transition Zones

Hello Friends!

I’ve been a member of this for a while, but I’ve been bad about checking in. City Council met last week to give an update on transition zones, and organizations like CNC are already working overtime to set the narrative. To help counteract their deception, I put together this map for some of my neighbors:

https://tannerblair.github.io/austin-transition-zone-vizualizer/

I presented it at our last neighborhood association meeting, as was able to convince a few of them that the sky may not be falling after all. Hopefully you can find some use as well.

1 Like

My interpretation is that the entire activity center is eligible to be treated as transition areas - just like corridors - therefore same true for areas bordering a center. And there are different types or corridors included, not just those in your diagram - so we just won’t know what the ‘proposed’ areas are until they are proposed.

1 Like

That’s a fair criticism, and I’ve done my best to state what it is and isn’t. For my neighborhood, it seems like an accurate (as possible) representation of what was discussed at city council on the 28th, but like any information you’re right to say that it’s speculative at this point.

1 Like