The Austin Transit Partnership had opened an application for a community member to join its board of directors.
Austin Transit Partnership (ATP) is an independent entity created after Austin voters approved Project Connect, the multibillion-dollar effort to revamp public transportation in the city. ATP is led by a seven-member board of directors, a group that provides strategic oversight of the program.
The current board members are:
- Veronica Castro de Barrera, Chair
- Steve Adler
- Tony Elkins
- Eric Stratton
- Gina Findlay (Ex Officio)
The board vacancy is for a community expert in community planning or sustainability. According to ATP’s Articles of Incorporation, applicants shall meet the following criteria:
- At least 10 years of experience in urban planning, community planning, equitable transit-oriented development (ETOD), sustainability and/or environmental planning;
- Experience with community engagement with preferably three to five years of specific experience; and
- Community expert members of the ATP board must be a resident of Austin.
Applications are open through 5 p.m. Aug. 12 and the term of the appointment will be through January 2025. To apply, visit ATP’s website.