Welcome Letter for Groups

Fellow FAN folks,
Below is a rough draft of a “welcoming letter” to new Austin groups. This was done with the new West Campus NA in mind but I wrote it so it could be (re)used generally. Feel free to comment, criticize, suggest.

David

Dear ______ ,

Welcome to the community of Austin organizations, non-profits, and advocacy groups. We are FAN - Friends of Austin Neighborhoods. We are very supportive of new voices to help make Austin all that much better a place for all of us. With diverse viewpoints, agreements, disagreements, discussion, and cooperation, we will be stronger and healthier and move towards ensuring the highest quality of life for the individual and the community.

We would love to share with you our vision and see if there are any common threads or goals between our groups.

The FAN vision statement is view-able at: www.atxfriends.org/vision

Feel free to reach out to us at anytime, and please let us know about your goals and mission.

Warmest regards,
The members of FAN

The West Campus NA has launched and they have a very nice website plus a facebook page.
http://westcampus.atxfriends.org/

Does anyone care if I send the welcome letter in the above form?
Also, should I send it from my personal email address, or do we have something fancier for intra-NA communiques?

David