FAN 2018 Board Nominations For June Election

I’d like to urge people and NAs to vote for @Felicity for both places she’s running for. She’s a major force behind FoZ’s success so far and has the dedication, bandwidth, and raw talent to help lead our movement forward. As I’ve told some of you and alluded to in my previous post, she would have been my first choice for President.

The slight awkwardness of having her on the ballot twice is due to some of the structural flaws in our voting process [as I mentioned upthread] that we need to fix as soon as possible.

1 Like

I’m excited for the board election! One of the main reasons that I decided not to run again is because I think FAN should have some kind of term limits associated with the board overall. I think, just like the city council or other elected officials, it’s important to make sure that we get new people and new perspectives on the board during our elections. I also just think I’ve been on the board for too long. I want to see new people in charge and see where they take us in the coming years and don’t want to take up a position that could go to someone with a new perspective and with more energy to give to FAN. I wanted to share who I’ll be voting for:

President: Nathan Ryan
I think Nathan Ryan will make a fantastic president and I’m excited to see where he’ll take FAN in the next year or two.

Treasurer: Felicity Maxwell
I’ll be voting for Felicity Maxwell for treasurer. I think she’s a fantastic new voice that I’d like to see added to the board. Her public policy and communications background could really help us out. She also helped found Friends of Zilker.

Secretary: Chris “Kaz” Wojtewicz
Kaz has been an active member of FAN and our community. He’s come up with some great policy positions in the past and I think he’d bring a lot of great ideas on how FAN can be a better advocate for Austin.

Other Board Members:

Mary Owens - I’ve known Mary for many years and know that she’ll fight to make FAN better every day that she’s a board member. She also helped found Friends of Zilker, which has been a great alternative voice for that neighborhood.

Felicity Maxwell - I think she’s a fantastic new voice that I’d like to see added to the board. Her public policy and communications background could really help us out. She also helped found Friends of Zilker.

Folks, I wanted to thank those who have already voted for me to serve and for those trying to decide - wow, we have a great bunch! As a local government relations professional, I interact with City and County officials almost daily. Please consider a vote for me to serve you.

Regards,
Tina Grider-Cannon

2 Likes

All,

Please note that about a week remains in the voting period for the FAN 2018 board election.

Individual members of FAN should have received a secure ballot via email earlier this week, and a reminder a short while ago if they haven’t yet successfully cast a ballot. Search your inbox for the secure ballot from the address for Helios Voting Administrator system@heliosvoting.org. (Please note that a username and password from a prior FAN vote will not work for this vote.)

Delegates of FAN member neighborhood associations should have received separate ballots to cast votes on behalf of their neighborhood associations.

The voting period ends August 5th at 8 PM CDT. Until that time, you are welcome to ask questions here about the election or candidates.

If you have not received a ballot to vote from Helios, or if you have any questions about this process, you may also email info@atxfriends.org.

Roger