Friends of Austin Neighborhoods received this email from Jerry Rusthoven this morning. Please don’t hesitate to volunteer if you meet the qualifications.
The City Council recently passed a resolution directing staff to test several aspects of CodeNEXT. The Planning and Zoning Department, in cooperation with multiple other City of Austin departments, will therefore host a series of testing workshops tentatively scheduled during the weeks of July 23rd and July 30th, 2018. We are in search of design and development professionals to volunteer to assist with further vetting and evaluating of non-zoning regulations in CodeNEXT. This includes modeling the combined impact of these regulations on the capacity, feasibility, and affordability of development according to the proposed standards in CodeNEXT. Site-specific testing information will be provided to all participants in advance of the workshop.
We would like to ask you for the names of professionals with a design or development background who might be interested in participating. All nominees should:
· Be comfortable working in a group setting with people from a variety of backgrounds and perspectives
· Be comfortable working in a public setting (all workshops will comply with the spirit of the Texas Open Meetings Act)
· Have an established professional background in design or development, especially as it relates to the typologies below
· Not be a City of Austin registered lobbyist
Each volunteer will be asked to commit to a one or two day workshop for the following site types:
· Single-unit house with an ADU: July 23-24
· Multi-unit house development: July 23-24
· Mixed-use project on a shallow parcel on a corridor: July 30-31
· Mixed-use project on a deep parcel on a corridor: July 30-31
· Discussion and Public Presentation: August 2-3
The city will be providing beverages and lunch for the working group participants. If you or a member of your organization would like to join us, please provide your list of names and contact information to Greg.Guernsey@austintexas.gov. Please also indicate for which project type your volunteer would to be involved with.
This invitation has been sent to representatives of the Austin or Texas chapter of the American Institute of Architects ,the American Planning Association, the Austin Neighborhoods, Austin Contractors and Engineers Association, Austin chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects, Community Not Commodity, Save Our Springs Alliance, Evolve, Friends of Austin Neighborhoods, Housing Works, Real Estate Council of Austin and the Urban Land Institute.